Christina M. DeMatteo
My practice has been focused solely on family law since 1999. I am experienced in all areas of family law, including equitable distribution, alimony, alimony pendente lite, spousal support, child support, custody and abuse matters.
I entered the practice of family law knowing that my clients were often going through the most difficult experience of their lives. Although it is often difficult work, I find great reward in helping a client navigate from a place of loss and confusion to a place where they can start to build a new future. To do so, I work closely with my clients to understand their situation and goals. For me, there is no “one size fits all” approach to family law. I help clients identify the best path towards resolution of their matter in a cost-effective way.
I have handled a wide variety of family law cases, including complex custody matters and high net worth / high asset cases. I am both an experienced litigator and negotiator, and I enjoy collaborating with clients to determine the most efficient means of resolution for their family law matter. When an amicable resolution of a matter is desired and practical, I work with my clients throughout the negotiation process. However, when settlement is not possible, I have the expertise and skills needed to aggressively seek resolution through the courts.
- Villanova School of Law (Juris Doctor), 1998
- College of William and Mary (A.B., Economics), 1995
- Past Council Member – Pennsylvania Bar Association Family Law Section 2015-2017
- Past Chair – Montgomery Bar Association Family Law Section 2012
- Past President – Doris Jonas Freed Inn of Court 2007-2008
Awards and Acknowledgements:
- Recognized by Super Lawyers as a “Super Lawyer” 2017 and 2018
- Recognized by Super Lawyers as a “Rising Star” 2007 through 2014
- Former Board Member – Wissahickon Educational Opportunities Foundation
- Former Board Member – Family Services of Montgomery County
- Volunteer Attorney – Women’s Center of Montgomery County
- Volunteer Attorney – Montgomery County Child Advocacy Project
- Volunteer Attorney – Montgomery County Friend of the Court